Given that with every new generation and new piece of hardware that comes out, along with it comes new technology innovations and features that makes the newer product seem more enticing, causing users of a certain platform to want to switch to a different platform, i.e. BlackBerry to Windows Phone, Android to iPhone, and vice versa. However it looks like as far as Android users switching to iPhones, the numbers have gone up this year according to a report from the Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) who claims that compared to last year, the number of Android users making the jump has increased this year.
This is based on a poll of 400 new iPhone buyers in the US who were asked which platform they were using prior to their latest purchase. As you can see in the graph above, it shows that Android switchers have increased and is at 21% for 2013, versus 16% back in 2012 with the iPhone 5, indicating a 5% jump. Of course the study does not tell us what the flip side of the coin is like, as in how many iPhone users have made the switch to Android, so it’s not necessarily all doom and gloom for Android at the moment, but what do you guys think? Any Android users make the switch to the iPhone 5s/5c this year?
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21: Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-01-06: Market Research Indicates Fall In iPhone Market Share
- 2013-12-19: Original iPhone Launch Sent Google Back To The Drawing Board
- 2013-11-25: PanoPal Is An iPhone, Android Accessory That Helps Take Panoramic Shots
- 2013-11-25: Eric Schmidt Releases iPhone To Android Conversion Guide
- 2013-08-04: BlackBerry Users Make The Most Money, According To Recent Study