As it stands, smartwatches aren’t exactly the most beautifully designed gadgets. For the most part they’re pretty boring and standard, not to mention chunky, meaning that the fashion conscious tech enthusiast might be a little put off. Enter the MEMI, which is more like a smart bracelet rather than a smartwatch, which has also been designed for women in mind who wear accessories on their wrists, such as bangles, cuffs, and whatnot.
The design of the MEMI has been created to resemble a regular silver bracelet, but under the hood it contains Bluetooth technology that allows it to pair with your smartphone, and will vibrate when you receive a message or a phone call, which you can choose to filter via the accompanying iOS app. The MEMI bracelet will also feature a hidden USB charging dock in the clasp and an embedded LED that users can use to check if the device is working.
As it stands the MEMI is a Kickstarter project that is currently seeking funding. It has managed to raise about $24,000 out of its $100,000 goal and if successful, will begin shipping in August 2014. It’s an interesting project and is definitely one of the more eye-pleasing wearable electronics out there, so if you’d like to learn more or pledge your support, hit up its Kickstarter page for the details.
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10