A couple of weeks ago it was rumored that Chinese manufacturer ZTE is going to release its smartwatch early next year. The company has confirmed that it does intend on releasing a smartwatch in Q1, 2014. The smartwatch will initially be exclusive to ZTE’s smartphones, though ZTE has said that it will make smartwatches in the future that will work with Android devices from other manufacturers. ZTE smartwatch is expected to offer features similar to the Galaxy Gear at a relatively low price, rumor has it that the device might have a feature that the Galaxy Gear lacks, the ability to make phone calls on its own.
It is believed that the ZTE smartwatch will be able to make phone calls as it will be able to house a micro-SIM card inside. This feature would certainly give it a leg up on the Samsung Galaxy Gear. It is also said that the camera on this smartwatch will be positioned in such a way that it is possible to make video calls as well. No word as yet on the expected pricing, but it is likely to be under $300 since ZTE’s goal is to price its smartwatch lower than what Samsung sells its smartwatch for. An exact release date has not been confirmed as yet.
Next Story: Pebble Smartwatch Now Available From Amazon
- 2014-04-17 Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14 ZTE Star 1 Box Spotted
- 2014-04-08 ZTE Apollo Could Be 64-Bit Android Smartphone
- 2014-04-07 Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-03-28 ZTE Grand S II To Get 4GB RAM (Rumor)
- 2014-03-25 ZTE Nubia X6 Announced In China
- 2014-02-22 Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-16 AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut
- 2014-02-10 Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Be Priced Lower Than iWatch
- 2014-02-04 Galaxy Gear Price Cut Possible