If you’re one of those people who like “checking-in” to every location they go to, then you probably are a Foursquare user. The service has been around for quite some time now, and it contributed a lot to the trend of checking-in to places. Back when Apple released iOS 7 in September, Foursquare released an updated app so that its visuals could better compliment those of Apple’s newest mobile OS update. Now, Foursquare version 7.0 has been released for iOS 7, the app has been given a complete revamp.
The app is claimed to be faster, smarter apart from the fact that it has a whole new look. Foursquare for iOS will now tell “what you need to know” whenever a user arrives somewhere they haven’t been before. For example if a user enters a restaurant for the first time, Foursquare will automatically push a notification about the best thing to order or a special that’s being offered, even if the app hasn’t even been launched. The app will also show more of what’s nearby. Whenever the app is launched, it will “shuffle the deck” to show tips and specials near the user’s location, users can hit up the feed to see what their friends are up to. Revamped Foursquare for iOS 7 is live now and available as a free download from the App Store.
Next Story: Bing Maps Preview For Windows 8.1 Released
- 2014-04-07: iOS 7 Adoption Rate Now Sits At An Impressive 87%
- 2014-04-03: iOS 7 Bug Allows The Bypassing Of Activation Lock
- 2014-03-26: iOS 7.1 Bug Lets You Hide Native Apps In Plain Sight
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration
- 2014-03-24: iOS 7 Adoption Rate Now Sits At 85%
- 2014-02-04: Microsoft Invests $15 Million Into Foursquare
- 2014-01-30: Foursquare Now Lets You Order Food Within The App
- 2013-12-05: Foursquare v7.0 For iOS Gets A Complete Revamp
- 2013-10-14: Foursquare Ads Launched