Google has started rolling out the updated Google Maps app for iOS and Android, apart from the usual tweaks, bug fixes and performance improvements, the update also brings a number of new features. The biggest feature is Gmail integration, which means that users will be able to access their hotel, flight and restaurant reservations from within the Maps app. Even flight reservations will be displayed when users open up a relevant location in the app. The information is only displayed to the user, they’ll first need to sign into the Gmail account to gain access. Without account authentication, the app won’t show any personal information such as reservations.
This particular feature is reminiscent of the “private” search results that the company displays for Google Search users who are signed into their Google accounts. However through Search, users are also able to track packages, look up information about contacts, see Calendar entries and much more. The updated Google Maps application is being rolled out in stages, so it might take some time before the app becomes available in your region. Google Maps app for iOS and Android are both available as free downloads from the App Store and the Google Play Store, respectively.
Next Story: The U.S. Government Still Uses Floppy Disks
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17 Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-13 How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To Android (5 Ways)
- 2014-04-10 Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-03-25 BlackBerry Cashes In On BBM With Stickers And Sponsored Posts