When it comes to iOS integration in vehicles, Honda seems to be pretty enthusiastic about the whole thing, having adopted Siri Eyes Free earlier this year, and just last week we heard that the car manufacturer had plans to introduce some sort of iOS mirroring feature in future car models as well. Turns out the reports were right as Honda has officially announced that the 2014 Honda Civic model and the 2015 Honda Fit model will be getting a new feature called Display Audio.
This is essentially Honda outfitting their cars with a 7” touchscreen display as you can see in the photo above. The display will place functions such as a media player, phonebook, vehicle information, and navigation on its touchscreen display where drivers or passengers will be able to interact with it through gestures, such as pinching, swiping, and tapping. Honda has also announced four new HondaLink apps for iOS devices, such as Connect, Navigation, Aha, and Launcher. Honda has also released a video in which they demonstrated these new features, so if you have about half an hour to spare, you can check it out in the video below.
So, who else is excited at the idea of having more iOS integration in their vehicle?
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2013-11-24 Honda To Introduce iOS Mirroring In 2014 Civic Model