Its no secret that HTC hasn’t had a good year, despite the fact that it released smartphones such as the HTC One, which received rave reviews from critics as well as customers around the world. The company actually posted its first ever quarterly loss in its entire history and just this month HTC has registered its 25th consecutive month of declining year on year sales. In a bid to make things better in the coming year, the company has appointed a new global head of sales who will obviously be tasked with improving the sale of HTC’s devices.
HTC has promoted from within the company, its current CFO Chialin Chang is now the new global head of sales. As per the statement released by the company, Chang looks to consolidate operations and will draw from his previous experience of working in sales. The CFO post will remain with Chang as well until HTC determines that “a transition of responsibilities makes sense.” The company’s revenues have dipped significantly and a number of its top executives left earlier this year, it certainly needs to step up its game if HTC wants to mount a challenge against its rivals, some of who have been better off this year, in the global smartphone market.
Next Story: Beyonce New Album Breaks iTunes Record
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-03-26: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23: HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-29: Android KitKat For HTC One In North America Delayed
- 2014-01-15: Original HTC One Prototype Revealed
- 2013-12-20: HTC One Successor Rumored To Run Android 4.4.2 With Sense 6