Yesterday we reported that a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 would be coming soon and sure enough it has. It looks like iH8sn0w worked pretty fast as the jailbreak is currently available to download by hitting up the jailbreak’s website. As we had mentioned earlier, the jailbreak appears to be limited to those running on Mac OS X at the moment, but according to its website, the Windows version of the jailbreak should be coming soon, although no word on when that will be, so if you’re running on Windows, you’ll have to find someone with a Mac if you want to jailbreak your iOS device.
You might be asking, why would anyone jailbreak an older build of iOS, right? Well not everyone is a fan of iOS 7. The new look has been criticized as being too bright, and in some instances, cartoony. In fact some criticisms have taken it to the next level with users complaining that the parallax effect in iOS 7 has given them motion sickness, which is why there are still those out there who refuse to update to iOS 7, but still have to have the latest jailbroken iOS 6 running on their devices. As it stands an untethered jailbreak for iOS 7 has recently been released as well, so for those running on either iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 or iOS 7, you guys have some options.
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2014-01-21 Untethered iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Might Not Be Possible
- 2013-12-29 Jailbreak For iOS 6.1.3 And 6.1.4 Coming Soon
- 2013-09-09 iOS 6.1.4 Jailbreak Finally Surfaces
- 2013-07-01 iOS 7 Has Already Been Jailbroken
- 2013-04-28 Google Glass Jailbreak Has Been Achieved