It has only been a couple of months since LG launched its 2013 flagship smartphone, the LG G2. The device has received rave reviews, its design, specifications and superb camera performance have all been praised. While it may seem too soon for rumors about a successor to start circulating, the first LG G3 rumors have already started making the rounds. The latest rumor coming in from Korea claims that LG G3 will have a fingerprint scanner much like the iPhone 5S and the HTC One Max.
An Anonymous LG official is cited in the local media report as saying that the company recently made the decision to include a fingerprint scanner in the upcoming G3 smartphone, and that it is “conducting a series of tests for the product.” It is also claimed that this smartphone will be designed to sync with the Korean manufacturer’s G-Arch smartwatch and its upcoming fitness wristband. Other rumored specifications of the G3 include a 2,560×1,440 pixel resolution display, a 16 megapixel rear camera and an octacore processor made by LG. It hasn’t been said when LG intends to release this device, but it is believed that the launch might take place earlier than anticipated due to “disappointing” sales of the LG G2. Perhaps the launch might take place at the Mobile World Congress 2014 in February, but for now, take all of this with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2014-03-19: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices