‘Tis the season to be jolly, tra-la-la-la-la! Do you feel so? Perhaps you need nudge in the right direction, and the folks over at Motorola might just have the right kind of tonic for you. They have recently introduced an update on the quiet to not only the Motorola Moto X, but the Motorola Moto G as well. This update will not be able to deliver performance enhancements or better memory management to your respective smartphones, but what you will get is a holiday-centric boot screen animation.
Basically, you will find the animation as shown on the video whenever you boot up your smartphone, allowing you to enjoy the sights of animals and snow and Christmas trees. Do bear in mind that the handset in question will need to run on Android 4.4 KitKat at the very least, or you can take the alternative of installing the Motorola Boot Services app from the Google Play Store, where it will also update the boot animation. This particular holiday boot animation is tipped to remain until January 6th, and after that, Motorola will switch back the boot animation to normal. Would you like to see other smartphone manufacturers also do the same to get you into the holiday mood?
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2013-11-03: Moto G Specifications Apparently Leaked