We saw Samsung opt for a faux leather finish in the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1, which were released earlier this year. It feels as if leather has been used on the back of these devices, and there’s stitching along the borders to give it an additional oomph factor, it certainly isn’t real leather but the imitation doesn’t look so bad either. If a rumor coming out of Korea is to be believed, Samsung might go for the same finish in its upcoming Ativ Book 9 Style laptop.
A member of the Korean website Seeko posted a picture of one such Samsung laptop with the faux leather finish, claiming that he discovered the laptop at a local Samsung S Academy event. He also says that the new laptop will come with Windows 8.1 pre-installed and that it will have four 2W speakers to augment its audio functionality. In the picture one can clearly make out the faux leather material on the lid along with the stitching that runs along the sides, its certainly reminiscent of the Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy Note 10.1.
The users’ hands are in constant contact with the tablet and the phablet, so they get a good feel of the faux leather material whenever they’re using their device. It won’t be as frequent on the laptop, one might only touch the laptop’s lid a couple of times a day, and just for the few seconds it takes to open it. Nevertheless, since there’s no official confirmation of this as yet, we’ll have to wait and see if Samsung really does have such a laptop up its sleeve. The one with the faux leather is expected to be unveiled in the near future, possibly at the Consumer Electronics Show 2014 next month.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-02-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-02-20: Sprint's Galaxy Note 3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-18: Galaxy Note 3 Receives Update That Fixes Third Party Accessories
- 2014-02-05: Samsung Wants Apple's Logo Hidden During The Olympics
- 2014-02-05: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Gets A Swarovski Makeover