December is here and 2013 is slowly coming to an end. A lot of advancements in the technology sector were made this year and a lot of amazing products were released as well. Search habits changed as well, as 2013 was full of different events, trends and high-profile trials. Yahoo has revealed the top Yahoo searches in 2013, the company has launched its 2013 Year In Review page which looks back at daily search habits of million of internet users around the globe.
The top search on Yahoo in 2013 was singer, songwriter and actress Miley Cyrus, who has caused quite a few controversies this year. We can image that internet searches spiked after her rather controversial performance at the VMAs. Cyrus dethrones reality star Kim Kardashian, who was at the top of the list back in 2012, she comes in at second this year trailed by model Kate Upton in third. Minecraft, Obamacare (the affordable care act) and the iPhone 5 take fourth, sixth and ninth spots respectively. Top two obsessions on Yahoo’s Year In Review include Duck Dynasty and Breaking Bad, in that order. One of the most popular food related searches was the Cronut, a combination of croissant and donut that took New York by storm. That just about wraps it up for 2013. With 2014 around the corner, we can surely expect a lot of new things to search for come next year.
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition