It is no secret that HTC is not doing too well for itself at the moment. Not only is the company suffering financially, but on the legal front they are not having much luck either against the likes on Nokia whereby the Finnish company has successfully managed to obtain injunctions against several of HTC’s products in different parts of the world. That being said, what are HTC’s options? Sell themselves off to the highest bidder? Take themselves private like Dell did? Maybe merge with another company? All of these are possible scenarios although it seems that there have been rumors making their way around the internet which suggests that HTC could be looking to merge with another Taiwanese company, Acer.
Acer has a long history of producing computers, although it was only in the past couple of years did the company attempt to break into the mobile market with tablets and smartphones, so for them to acquire HTC who has a wealth of experience makes sense. Well as it turns out the rumors were just that, rumors, and that neither company will be merging, at least not for the foreseeable future. This rumor was dismissed by none other than Acer’s chairman, Stan Shih, who told the Taiwanese media that the company had no plans and no intentions of merging with HTC. Of course it is entirely possible for HTC to turn things around in 2014 with new products, so we guess we will just have to wait and see what the company has in store for us.
In the meantime what do you guys think? Will HTC be able tot turn things around for themselves in 2014? Or is the company headed downhill?
Next Story: GoPro Xbox One Channel Launching This Spring
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2012-05-22: Tizen rumored to arrive on Acer, ASUS and HTC devices in 2H12
- 2011-10-27: Taiwan's Premier expresses concern over Apple's "slide to unlock" patent
- 2011-03-16: Upcoming HP, Dell, HTC, Acer and Toshiba tablets prices and dates leaked
- 2011-03-14: HTC, Acer, Dell, and Toshiba 10" Android tablets on the way?