There hasn’t been much talk about the Mac mini. The last time it was refreshed was back in October 2012, when it came with Intel Ivy Bridge processors and the option to upgrade RAM up to 16GB. Mac mini happens to be the only product in Apple’s Mac lineup that wasn’t updated in 2013. The company refreshed its iMac, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air with Intel’s latest Haswell processors, it even launched a radically revamped Mac Pro. Rumor has it that Haswell Mac mini release might take place next month, as a retailer in Belgium has already listed both Core i5 and Core i7 Haswell configurations of the Mac mini.
The retailer claims that refreshed Mac mini models may launch by the end of February, it says that this information has been provided by “reliable sources.” Towards the end of 2013, many reports were circulating about Mac mini inventory drying up at retailers, though usually this is taken sign of the imminent launch of a new model, it is believed that Apple has been cautious with the number of Mac mini units it has made available so as to avoid sitting on a large pile of unsold inventory at the end of the day. So far Apple hasn’t said that it has any plans of launching refreshed Mac mini models.
Next Story: Blu-Ray Discs Could Feature Billions Of Colors
- 2014-01-21 Intel Introduces 9 More Haswell Processors
- 2013-12-01 ASUS And Toshiba Expected To Launch Intel Haswell Powered Chromebooks In 2014
- 2013-10-17 Cheap Haswell Based Tablets And Notebooks Expected Around The Holidays
- 2013-09-26 Mac Mini Prices Increased In Some Countries
- 2013-08-27 The Mini Mac Is Both Cute And Functional
- 2013-07-29 Toshiba Haswell Sees Action In Refreshed Satellite U And M Notebooks
- 2013-07-18 Haswell-Powered Tablet Notebook Hybrids, Everywhere!
- 2012-12-26 Apple Moving Mac Mini Production To U.S. With Foxconn [Rumor]
- 2012-10-24 New Mac mini taken apart, benchmarked