It has been rumored time and again that Apple is going to launch the iPhone with a larger display in 2014. Rumor has it that Apple is currently testing out a number of display sizes, some large enough to push it into phablet territory. If a latest rumor is to be believed, the iPhone phablet may perhaps be a totally different series with its own release cycle. An article published recently by Yahoo Japan claims that the phablet is going to be released in May 2014 and that its going to be completely separate from the iPhone 6, which will be released when the release cycle is up in September 2014.
It goes without saying that the authenticity of this rumor can definitely be called into question, so take this with a grain of salt. No specifications are mentioned in the report, but it is claimed that the iPhone phablet isn’t going to be powered by Apple’s A8 SoC expected to debut with the iPhone 6. The report doesn’t even say anything about the phablet’s expected display size. Recent rumors suggest that it might be up to 5.7 inches, so we have just that to go on at this point in time. Do you believe that Apple will unveil its first ever phablet in May, or that this is just one of those rumors that’s never going to pan out?
- 2014-04-23 Alleged iPhone 6 Case Compared Against The Nexus 5, Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5s
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6 Could Sport More Rounded Edge Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Analysts Believe Apple Sales Will Be Flat This Quarter
- 2014-04-18 Additional iPhone 6 Concept Renders Surface
- 2014-04-15 Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray