[CES 2014] This is the year of the wearable and finally a company is trying to make a connected band really sexy! The June by Netatmo is a bracelet equipped with a jewel sensor that connect to the iPhone to monitor sun exposure. This smart piece of jewelry is dedicated to women who want to track their daily UV exposure to avoid sunburn and premature ageing… Although I highly appreciate that finally a wearable connected device addresses the female market, the constant reminder that a woman’s most important job is to fight wrinkles is somewhat annoying. I am not sure why the company does not pitch the June as a help to prevent skin cancer instead. The fact that this device does not offer any other features like motion or sleep tracking is also disappointing.
June and its companion apps calculates the maximum suggested daily dose of sun exposure depending on the user’s skin type. The application can be set up to avoid sun damage and to send alerts to notify the user.
For once, I could imagine wearing the June everyday, something I have a hard time to do with the Jawbone UP or any other band that are not designed as ornamental bracelets.
Additionally, Netatmo appointed well-known jewelry designer, Camille Toupet, to design the June.
Netatmo is famous for its personal weather station and wireless thermostat designed by Philipp Starck, and the company is steadily banking on the fact that design sells, since the JUNE was awarded the CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards 2014 in the “Wearable Technologies” and the “Tech for a Better World” categories.
Next Story: Lenovo ThinkVision 28 Smart 4K Andoid Display
- 2014-04-16 Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-01-17 Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10 Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10 The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10 Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-09 Archos' Smartwatch To Be Sold For $50
- 2014-01-08 Basis Carbon Steel Edition with Advanced Sleep Analysis – hands-on video
- 2014-01-07 Sony Unveils Smart Eyeglass Prototype
- 2014-01-06 Pebble Steel SmartWatch with New Apps
- 2014-01-06 LG Lifeband Touch