As most of you guys know, Apple’s Mac computers don’t quite have the same market share as their Windows competitors. There are many reasons for it, such as Windows computers being more affordable, more familiar, and also having more software available for it that is used by professionals around the world. However Apple’s Mac computers are slowly gaining traction, thanks to a research by Gartner where it was found that Apple’s Mac computer sales have actually increased by 28.5% in the last quarter, while PC sales actually found themselves going down and have actually shrunk by 7.5%!
Of course given the PC’s market share and the Mac’s market share, the PC is still very much in the lead, although it does look like Apple is playing catchup, albeit slowly. It was found that as far as PC vendors were concerned, companies such as Toshiba and HP saw themselves making a loss of 13.9% and 10.3% respectively, while companies such as Dell and Lenovo found their sales going up a modest 7.4% and 3.5% respectively. Some are blaming tablets as one of the reasons that PC sales have gone down. With tablets being generally cheaper and portable, those buying PCs for simple use, such as watching movies and surfing the web, might turn to a tablet instead.
There’s no telling if Apple’s Mac computers will be able to continue this momentum. It is possible that the surge in sales could be attributed to the holiday season, which was admittedly true as far as tablets were concerned.
- 2014-03-26: More Workplaces Starting To Use Mac Computers [Survey]
- 2014-03-24: Google Now Lands On Chrome For Windows And Mac
- 2014-03-17: OneNote App For Mac From Microsoft
- 2014-03-13: Titanfall For Mac Is A Possibility, Respawn Discussing It With Aspyr
- 2014-02-21: Mac Users More Likely To Run Latest OS Compared To Windows Users [Study]
- 2013-05-22: Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded Delayed Until Late June
- 2013-04-23: Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded Expected To Release On May 31
- 2013-04-18: Apple Has Stopped Orders For Mac Components [Rumor]
- 2013-03-22: Blizzard Announces Free-To-Play Card Game, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
- 2012-06-27: Travel website Orbitz claims Mac users spend more than PC users