Back in December, Microsoft rolled out a firmware update for the Surface Pro 2 tablet. Soon after the roll out, users complained about failed installations, and those who had been able to install the update, complained about a plethora of issues caused by said update, thus Microsoft abruptly pulled it. This update was part and parcel of the company’s December package of Surface updates, however it was pulled so that Microsoft could investigate and fix the issues. The Surface Pro 2 firmware update has now been re-released, and initial reports are that the issues have been taken care of.
This new update is being offered to all Surface Pro 2 owners, those who were able to install the previous version in December and those who never been tried installing the update back then. This update comes only a few days after Microsoft released a firmware update for the Surface Pro, improving support for its new Touch and Type Cover 2 peripherals. The latest Surface Pro 2 update comes outside of Microsoft’s Patch Tuesday, the day it normally rolls out updates on. Surface Pro 2 owners should start receiving the update notification on their tablets if they haven’t already, but seeing as how its most likely to be a phased roll out, it might take some time for the update to become available in all regions.
Next Story: AT&T HTC One X+ Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2014-04-23 Xbox One For Japan Launches On 4th September
- 2014-04-22 Microsoft Organizes Party To Celebrate E.T. Videogame Dig
- 2014-04-22 Second Windows 8.1 Major Update To Arrive In August (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21 Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-21 Motorola Solutions Licenses Microsoft IP For Chrome And Android Devices
- 2014-04-03 Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Purchase Comes With Free Controller, 2 Games
- 2014-04-03 Surface Pro 2 Users Experiencing Slow WiFi When Bluetooth Is Enabled
- 2014-03-24 Surface Pro 2 Tablets Apparently Still Using Older Processors
- 2014-01-20 Surface 2 Tablets Back In Stock On Microsoft Store Website
- 2014-01-02 Microsoft Quietly Upgrades Surface Pro 2 Tablets With Newer Processors