Back in December, Microsoft rolled out a firmware update for the Surface Pro 2 tablet. Soon after the roll out, users complained about failed installations, and those who had been able to install the update, complained about a plethora of issues caused by said update, thus Microsoft abruptly pulled it. This update was part and parcel of the company’s December package of Surface updates, however it was pulled so that Microsoft could investigate and fix the issues. The Surface Pro 2 firmware update has now been re-released, and initial reports are that the issues have been taken care of.
This new update is being offered to all Surface Pro 2 owners, those who were able to install the previous version in December and those who never been tried installing the update back then. This update comes only a few days after Microsoft released a firmware update for the Surface Pro, improving support for its new Touch and Type Cover 2 peripherals. The latest Surface Pro 2 update comes outside of Microsoft’s Patch Tuesday, the day it normally rolls out updates on. Surface Pro 2 owners should start receiving the update notification on their tablets if they haven’t already, but seeing as how its most likely to be a phased roll out, it might take some time for the update to become available in all regions.
Next Story: AT&T HTC One X+ Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-03: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Purchase Comes With Free Controller, 2 Games
- 2014-04-03: Surface Pro 2 Users Experiencing Slow WiFi When Bluetooth Is Enabled
- 2014-03-24: Surface Pro 2 Tablets Apparently Still Using Older Processors
- 2014-01-20: Surface 2 Tablets Back In Stock On Microsoft Store Website
- 2014-01-02: Microsoft Quietly Upgrades Surface Pro 2 Tablets With Newer Processors