A skateboard is just a skateboard, or is there to it than meets the eye? Apparently so, as the good people over at Future Motion did make the effort to come up with a brand new electric skateboard. Inventor Kyle Doerksen figured out that he was not on par with the genius of the fictional Tony Stark to churn out an actual hoverboard, but surely there is another method to emulate the feeling of riding a hoverboard? Putting on his thinking cap, he came up with the Onewheel, which is an electric powered, self-balancing skateboard that sports a single, beefy go-kart wheel.
The Onewheel right now remains as a Kickstarter project, where it will need your help in order to be realized through your monetary contribution, as with any other self respecting Kickstarter project would. In order to move forward, just lean in that direction, and the Onewheel’s electric motor will be able to propel you onward. Lean back, and you will end up in “reverse gear”, so to speak. I suppose there is a certain degree of learning curve to pick up here, so wearing a helmet as well as kneepads and elbow pads might be a good place to start. The Onewheel is able to clock a maximum speed of 12 miles per hour. [Kickstarter Page]
Next Story: Could There Be Time Travelers Among Us?
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!
- Care Predict Activity Tracker System Targets Seniors