Back in 2013, we reported on a rumor that Apple could be looking to develop a new iPad with a 12” display, and that they would be joining Samsung in creating such products. As far as Samsung’s rumored 12” tablet is concerned, recent benchmark sightings have seemingly confirmed the existence of said device, but what about Apple? Well according to a new report from International Business Times, they claim that Apple could be looking to launch an iPad Pro that will not only sport a 12.9” display, but could also sport a 2K display and will feature eye-tracking technology. There have also been rumors that Apple could be turning to a 4K display for future iPads, but the report claims that the 2K version will be released first followed by the 4K version at a later date.
According to the reports, the alleged iPad Pro could see a release this fall, which is also around the time that Apple will most likely launch its new iPhones, but the sources have also suggested that winter 2014 or spring 2015 as likely candidates for a release. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys think? Is anyone interested in a 12.9” iPad with a 2K/4K display? Could this be the “innovation” that Apple’s board of directors wanted from Tim Cook?
Next Story: Alicia Keys And BlackBerry To Part Ways
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-18: Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-03-17: iPad 4 Rumored To Replace iPad 2 As Lower-Cost iPad
- 2014-02-02: iPad Pro Release Chances Reportedly Slim
- 2014-01-03: Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users