According to the rumors from 2013, Samsung was expected to announce new tablets that would feature the company’s beautiful AMOLED displays. Unfortunately what was unveiled at CES 2014 was not an AMOLED tablet. Granted the Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro tablets are pretty powerful in their own right, we guess having a nice display would make it even more enticing. Last we checked, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 was the last tablet from Samsung that would feature an AMOLED display and that was in 2011, meaning that it is about time Samsung reintroduced tablets with AMOLED displays.
According to the new rumors, word on the street has it that Samsung will begin mass-producing AMOLED display for tablets in the near future. These displays are expected to make their way into future Samsung tablets with one of the models allegedly being that of the 8-inch variety, although supposedly a 10-inch model is in the works as well. As much as we would love to see Samsung announce something at MWC 2014, chances are that will not be happening as Samsung typically favors phone announcements at MWC, reserving tablets for events like IFA instead. Either way maybe Samsung will surprise us so we’ll definitely keep our eyes peeled.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released