We have all heard how 2014 is going to be the year of wearable devices. A new crop of smartwatches are expected to be released this year and consumers are expected to jump on this bandwagon. However there are some limitations with smartwatches, it certainly isn’t like wearing a smartphone on your wrist. But what if you could, what if you could use your smartphone as a smartwatch as well? That’s where Smartlet comes in. It secures the iPhone on your wrist so that your Apple smartphone can also function as a full blown smartwatch.
Using a patent pending unidirectional button locking mechanism, Smartlet locks the iPhone securely in place while allowing the users to simply slide out the iPhone when needed. When secured in, users can take advantage of the entire range of features that the iPhone offers on their wrist, thus eliminating the need to buy and wear a separate smartwatch. It can be worn over or under the cuff of a shirt or jacket. Available in red/black and white, Smartlet is a Kickstarter project at this point in time seeking to raise $30,000. Pledging $29 right now will get you a Smartlet of your choice from the first production run, delivery is expected in February 2014.
Next Story: Cobra JumPak 7500 mAh Charger
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!
- Care Predict Activity Tracker System Targets Seniors