According to the rumors, Sony could be set to unveil at new tablet at MWC 2014. We haven’t heard much about the device, but what we do know is that the device has been given the codename “Castor”. That being said, thanks to a recent tweet by @evleaks, the alleged specs of the Castor, or the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet, have been revealed. According to @evleaks, it seems that we can look forward to a tablet with a 10.1-inch 1920×1200 Triluminos display. It will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset that has been clocked at 2.3GHz, and will come with 3GB of RAM.
In terms of storage, the Xperia Z2 Tablet will come with 16GB of onboard storage that can be expanded via microSD. It will also pack an 8MP rear-facing camera, a 2MP front-facing camera, and will run on Android 4.4 KitKat. The Xperia Z2 Tablet will also feature a sizeable 6,000mAh battery. It was back in 2013 that Sony unveiled their Xperia Tablet Z, so we guess it does not come as a shock to think that Sony might have a newer tablet in the works. The Xperia Tablet Z was a thing of beauty due to its size and thinness, not to mention its decent hardware specs that made its use a pretty good one, so it will be interesting to see if its successor will be able to live up to the expectations of customers.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-02-24 Sony Xperia Z2 Hands-On
- 2014-02-23 Sony SmartBand SWR10 Will Be Available In March
- 2014-02-23 Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23 XPERIA Z2 Tablet
- 2014-02-23 Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone