It has been a while since BlackBerry launched any new devices, the last smartphone to come out of Waterloo was the Z30, which was basically an enlarged version of the Z10. The company’s hardware division hasn’t been able to produce a hit for quite some time now, but with the new leadership taking charge a few months back, there are once again signs of a possible comeback. BlackBerry has reiterated its commitment to devices multiple times, and its expected to launch at least two high end devices in 2014. Photos of an alleged BlackBerry 10 prototype with a full QWERTY keyboard have leaked, presumably hinting at what’s to come from the ailing Canadian manufacturer.
The device seen in the photos doesn’t look like a conventional BlackBerry 10 smartphone, some believe that it’s actually an early prototype of the Q10, a full QWERTY toting smartphone that was released in the first half of 2013. However, Crackberry has heard rumors that this is actually a developer device for an upcoming BlackBerry 10 smartphone, which would possibly be one of the two high end models BlackBerry itself is due to release in 2014. Its mid-range or low-end smartphones are now being made by Foxconn, and its expected to showcase them at Mobile World Congress 2014 later this week in Barcelona.
Next Story: New Google Maps Finally Exits Preview
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Optimistic That Handset Business Will Be Profitable By 2015
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Will Be Officially Known As The BlackBerry Classic
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Claims He Was Misquoted On Handset Division Sale
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Renamed 'BlackBerry Classic'
- 2014-02-25: BlackBerry Q20 Announced With Integrated Trackpad
- 2014-02-25: BlackBerry Z3 Smartphone Announced
- 2014-02-24: BlackBerry Is Reportedly Bringing Back Trackpads
- 2014-02-16: Alleged BlackBerry Jakarta/Z3 Render Leaked
- 2014-02-13: BlackBerry Jakarta Specs Revealed On Geekbench [Updated]