While BlackBerry might not necessarily be doing too well in the smartphone department, there is at least one area that they might have some hope in and it is BBM. The app which was previously an exclusive for the BlackBerry platform was launched on iOS and Android devices last year, giving BlackBerry and even larger reach, although admittedly the app would have to compete with the likes of other messaging apps out there.
While the app itself is free, BlackBerry has not been shy about thinking on how to monetize the app, but if they are hoping to do that, they will probably need to get as many users as possible, which is why BlackBerry has recently launched a new promotion in the US and Canada where they will be giving away movie tickets and gift cards to users who share the app.
Basically in order to take part in this promotion, you would have to live in the US or Canada. You will then need to share that you are using the BBM app on your social network and from there you will stand a chance to win movie tickets and gift cards. Given that you will not always win, basically the idea for you to keep posting until you do, or at least until your friends get sick of seeing you spam their news feed.
It’s not a bad way to get the word out and if you’d like to learn more about the promotion, which will be going on until the 27th of February 2014, hit up BlackBerry’s website for the details.
Next Story: Samsung SM-W750V Windows Phone Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-03-09: Customizable BBM PINs Could Be A Paid Feature
- 2014-03-06: BBM PINs Could Be Customizable In The Future
- 2014-03-05: BBM Channel Subscriptions Doubled After Cross-Platform Release
- 2014-03-05: BlackBerry Explains Ads For BBM
- 2014-03-03: Cross-Platform BBM Could Be Getting Ads Soon, According To Android Beta