[MWC 2014] Remember last week when a photo was revealed on the internet that suggested that it was Huawei’s upcoming wearable device? Huawei’s take is definitely very different compared to the likes of Samsung who has decided to keep to its somewhat serious image with the Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo, choosing to go with bright colors instead, perhaps to appeal to a younger and more fashion-conscious group of consumers. During Huawei’s press conference at MWC, the wearable device was announced and we guess the TalkBand is now official.
So why TalkBand? Well just in case the name itself wasn’t a giveaway, the TalkBand functions as a Bluetooth headset and a “smartband” at the same time. The Bluetooth headset can be popped out from the wristband to allow the wearer to make a call, and then pop it back into place where it will then resume its smartwatch functions. We guess in a way it will make a great accessory for the MediaPad X1 which does seem a little too big to be used as a phone. The TalkBand does not appear to have touchscreen functionality but can be controlled via an accompanying app on your smartphone. It will be IP57 water and dust resistant, a curved 1.4-inch OLED, and its wristband will also double up as a USB connector. It’s definitely an interesting device and for those looking forward to getting their hands on it, you can expect to pay €99 for it.
Next Story: Massive Huawei MediaPad X1 Smartphone Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2014-02-23: Sony SmartBand SWR10 Will Be Available In March
- 2014-02-23: Massive Huawei MediaPad X1 Smartphone Revealed
- 2014-02-23: Huawei MediaPad M1 Tablet Announced
- 2014-02-20: Huawei's Upcoming Smartwatch Gets Pictured
- 2014-02-10: Huawei Smartwatch Expected At MWC 2014