Wearable technology seems to be what’s trending these days, and we can expect many such devices to be announced or rumored about this year. That being said, Huawei is said to unveil their own smartwatch at MWC 2014, and now thanks to a recent photo posted by a Huawei official on their Weibo account, we might have our first glimpse at said device. Accompanying the post is a description which reads, “My new toy, do you like this color?” As you can see in the image above, Huawei has decided to go with a more outlandish design for its smartwatch, versus the likes of the Samsung Galaxy Gear and the Pebble smartwatch, both of which feature slightly more “serious” designs.
In fact based on what we can see, it would seem that Huawei would be trying to appeal to a more fashion-conscious type of customer thanks to its funky and somewhat sporty look, not to mention the baby blue wristband does help the device stand out from the crowd. This is not to say that the design is ugly, it’s just a bit too out there and might not appeal to the more hardcore techie who might prefer something a little more somber, or to the tech-savvy business user who would prefer something less playful. Chances are we will be seeing more color options at MWC 2014, so check back with us next week for the details! In the meantime are you guys digging Huawei’s smartwatch?
Next Story: Future Final Fantasy Titles Could Arrive For PC
- 2014-04-17: Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-02-23: Sony SmartBand SWR10 Will Be Available In March
- 2014-02-23: Huawei's TalkBand Is The Company's Foray Into Wearable Tech
- 2014-02-23: Massive Huawei MediaPad X1 Smartphone Revealed
- 2014-02-23: Huawei MediaPad M1 Tablet Announced
- 2014-02-10: Huawei Smartwatch Expected At MWC 2014