LG first showed off its curved OLED TV, model 55EA9800, back at CES 2013. It took a lot of time for this 55 inch curved OLED TV to make it Stateside after being showcased at the biggest electronics show of the year. It finally arrived in July last year, costing well over $14,999. The Korean manufacturer has now announced that it is slashing the price in half, and that the 55EA9800 curved OLED TV will now sell for under $7,000.
This actually isn’t the first time that this TV has been discounted. Several retailers in the UK cut the price down to as much as $4,900 last month when rumors began circulating that LG will show off a whole new crop of TVs at the Consumer Electronics Show 2014, and it did. LG has now confirmed that it is going to continue selling this particular OLED tv until at least mid-2014, and even the U.S. price is now in line with that across the pond. LG Electronics USA’s CEO William Cho said that the company goal is to “grow the U.S. OLED TV market by making OLED TVs more affordable.” So if you’re in the market for a new large curved OLED display, the LG 55EA9800 is the perfect option in this particular price range.
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-04-16: Gold LG G3 Reportedly Coming This Summer
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2013-08-11: Samsung Curved OLED TVs Get Cheaper
- 2013-07-22: LG Curved OLED TV Achieves THX Display Certification
- 2013-07-22: LG Sells Curved OLED TV In The US
- 2013-05-19: LG Display Shows Off Curved 55” OLED TV And 5” Plastic OLED Panels
- 2013-04-28: LG Curved OLED TV Sales Kick Off