For those who haven’t been following the drama, T-Mobile, just last week, sent out emails to BlackBerry users asking them to “upgrade” to the iPhone 5s. Naturally this sort of trolling did not sit well with BlackBerry fans who were outraged, prompting T-Mobile’s CEO to look into the matter. In the meantime BlackBerry’s CEO, John Chen, also expressed his outrage and promised that they would have something in store for loyal BlackBerry users. We had thought that this surprise would be the free and expedited shipping that T-Mobile announced, but it turns out that is not the case. It turns out the deal is much sweeter than that.
T-Mobile has just announced their new “Un-carrier + BlackBerry = One Sweet Deal” promotion where customers can bring in their used BlackBerry handset and trade it in for a newer device, with T-Mobile giving them $200 in credit towards the new device. But wait, what’s in it for BlackBerry users? Well for BlackBerry users who wish to remain with the platform but could use a new device anyway, T-Mobile will be offering an additional $50 off the purchase price of a new BlackBerry (either the Z10 or the Q10), essentially offering BlackBerry customers up to $250 in credit towards a new phone. Of course needless to say that the phones must be in working condition, no cracked screens or have signs of water damage. We’re not sure if this is a great deal but hey, if you’re looking for a new phone, why not, right?
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Optimistic That Handset Business Will Be Profitable By 2015
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Will Be Officially Known As The BlackBerry Classic
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Claims He Was Misquoted On Handset Division Sale