According to the rumors, Huawei is set to launch their phablet at MWC 2014, although at the moment the name of the phablet has yet to be determined, but thanks to a recent photo that was leaked onto the internet, we are able to get an idea of what it might look like and boy is that thing huge! According to the source who leaked the photo, they claim that the device pictured is not a tablet (Huawei has also been rumored to be developing a tablet to rival the Nexus 7), but rather a phablet made by Huawei and as you can see, it not only dwarves the iPhone, but the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as well!
In terms of specs, it has been rumored that it will feature a 7-inch display with a 1920×1200 resolution. It is also rumored to be powered by a Hisilicon V9R1 chipset clocked at 1.6GHz, 2GB of RAM, a 13MP rear-facing camera, and oddly enough runs on Android 4.2.2, although we would have preferred at least Android 4.3 or ideally, Android 4.4 KitKat. We’re not sure if 7-inch is considered a phablet anymore as it does enter into tablet territory, but we have seen devices like the Sony Xperia Z Ultra and the more recent 6.8-inch Hisense X1 that blurs the lines. In any case hopefully more will be revealed at MWC 2014, but in the meantime what do you guys think? Is 7-inches a little too big for a phone?
Next Story: EA Responds To Dungeon Keeper's Criticisms
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2014-03-24: China Demands 'Clear Explanation' From U.S. On NSA's Huawei Infiltration
- 2014-02-23: Huawei's TalkBand Is The Company's Foray Into Wearable Tech
- 2014-02-23: Massive Huawei MediaPad X1 Smartphone Revealed
- 2014-02-23: Huawei MediaPad M1 Tablet Announced
- 2014-02-23: Huawei Ascend G6 Is Now Official
- 2014-02-23: Huawei E5786 "World's Fastest" Mobile Hotspot Announced