Facebook Messenger is the social network’s standalone app for people who prefer to chat with their friends and family through Facebook. While its possible to chat through the main Facebook app as well, Messenger aims to offer a much better experience. The Facebook Messenger for iOS has now been updated, and it comes with a couple of new features.
Users can now create chat groups within the app. They can essentially put together people that they want to message in a single thread and even assign them a name, such as “Family” or “Colleagues.” This feature keeps often contacted people all in one place, which makes it easier for the user to chat with them. Group photos can also be set, just to add a bit of color to the whole arrangement.
The app also includes a forwarding feature now. This allows users to send conversations or images to their Facebook contacts, even if those contacts weren’t a part of the original message thread. To forward, all users need to do is a simple tap, and its done. Other improvements have also been made to make the app faster and more reliable.
Facebook Messenger for iOS is available as a free download from the App Store.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-04-03: Next-Gen iOS Devices May Have Faster, Power Efficient LPDDR4 DRAM
- 2013-06-19: Facebook For iOS Now Supports Status Update Emoticons
- 2013-01-28: Facebook iOS App Updated To Allow For Voice, Video Messages
- 2012-08-23: Facebook 5.0 for iOS hands-on
- 2012-07-31: Facebook for iOS gains a new Save feature
- 2012-07-26: Former Apple software engineers reportedly working on a faster Facebook app for iOS