This won’t be the first time that Redbox will offer video game rentals. The company has done this before, but if a recent report is correct, it may be the first time that Redbox offers titles from next generation gaming consoles. The rental company is expected to offer titles for Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One and the Nintendo Wii U over the next couple of weeks.
Game rentals for Wii U are expected to begin by March 25th, with titles like Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Super Luigi Bros. U and Lego City Undercover being offered. Redbox actually published the list of titles on its official website, so there appears to be some truth to this.
Starting April 1, the company may also offer Call of Duty: Ghosts and Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag for PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One. A list of titles for both consoles was also published on the website. Since word broke, Redbox removed the lists from its websites. So far it hasn’t revealed the full schedule of rental releases for next generation consoles.
Redbox offers rentals through its website. It also has over 35,000 automated kiosks around the country, placed at high traffic areas such as supermarkets and convenience stores.
Next Story: Google Now Lands On Chrome For Windows And Mac
- 2014-04-17: Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-03-21: Microsoft Not Fazed By PlayStation 4's Lead Over The Xbox One
- 2014-03-18: PS4 Sales In UK Might Have Surged As Well Last Week
- 2014-03-13: Xbox One Closes In On PS4 In February 2014 NPD Figures
- 2013-12-02: Xbox One And Sony PS4 Overtakes Wii U UK Lifetime Sales