Apple has recently announced some figures at its earnings call and according to the numbers, the Cupertino company has managed to sell 43.7 million iPhones and 16.3 million iPads during the second quarter of 2014. However this is a drop from January in which Apple managed to sell 51 million iPhones, but if we were to take a look at the first quarter of 2013, the numbers are up (37.4 million in Q1 2013).
Unfortunately Apple did not provide a breakdown of the numbers, meaning that we’re not sure how many iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c units were sold, or how many iPad Air and iPad mini with retina displays were sold either. Apple has only provided a total figure. In terms of iPads, it seems that the analysts were right in predicting that sales are dropping.
Apple’s CEO, Tim Cook, acknowledged the low iPad sales but stated his belief that the tablet will eventually surpass the PC market in the next few years, which we can only assume means that Apple will be sticking to their guns and hopefully help create something that will drive consumer demand. Interestingly enough despite low iPad sales, the tablet still dominates the US tablet market but tablets from other brands and platforms are said to be catching up.
If anything it seems that Apple themselves might be affected by the decline in PC sales since Mac sales have been reported at 4.1 million in Q2, which is down from 4.6 million in Q1. While it seems that Apple sales are down somewhat, their revenue has exceeded the expectations of analysts. Apple’s posted revenue is $45.6 billion in Q2 which is up from $43.6 billion in Q2 2013, and also exceeded Apple’s initial estimates of $42-$44 billion.
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17 Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-01-28 Apple Q1 2014 Earnings Announced
- 2013-11-14 Apple To Spend $10.5 Billion Next Year To Secure Exclusive Manufacturing Deals
- 2013-07-02 Apple's Back To School Promotion Offers Gift Cards For iPhone, iPad, Mac Purchase
- 2013-04-09 Apple Patent Connects iPhone To Mac Automatically Through Proximity System
- 2013-02-22 Apple, NYPD Team Up To Retrieve Stolen iOS Devices