We reported yesterday about the possibility of AT&T releasing the much awaited KitKat update today for LG G Flex owners. The carrier has just confirmed the roll out. AT&T LG G Flex Android 4.4 update has now been released over the air and it should soon pop up on users’ devices. The update brings all the bells and whistles we have come to expect from KitKat as well as LG’s Knock Code feature.
The update essentially brings enhancements for battery efficiency and the user interface. It includes a restyled status and navigation bar, a new full screen mode, stronger security and improved closed captioning support. It also supports the battery-saving location mode now. AT&T claims that the update also provides a “noticeable speed boost” that runs apps faster and also improves web browsing speed.
Knock Code is LG’s alternative to the conventional lock screen. Users simply have to tap a pattern to gain access. The code can be tapped even if the display is off. LG had previously confirmed that it would roll out Knock Code for a number of its existing devices.
Since OTA updates are often released in stages it may take a while for the update to go live in your region. Users can try manually pulling the update through the settings application.
- 2014-04-17: AT&T LG G Flex Android 4.4 Update Brings Knock Code As Well
- 2014-04-16: Google Launches Standalone Camera App For Android
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 Update Rolling Out
- 2014-03-26: AT&T HTC One Mini Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-01-20: AT&T LG G Flex Pre-Orders Go Live On January 24
- 2013-11-24: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4 KitKat Update Released