AT&T’s support website did mention in passing that the mobile carrier will be rolling out the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the LG G Flex from this coming Thursday onward – which is tomorrow, by the way. We have caught hold of the LG G Flex before at the end of last year, before getting a unit ourselves for a prim and proper review. The LG G Flex is different from other smartphones as it comes with a curved display and a self-healing back, allowing it to “endure” minor nicks that would “heal”, without leaving a scar on lesser handsets. It seems that the upcoming update will be done Over The AIR (OTA), where it weighs a rather massive 686MB – so getting it hooked to a Wi-Fi network might be a good idea.
With this OTA update, expect your LG G Flex to be able to experience a new full-screen “immersive” mode, better navigation and status bars, enhanced processing speed, and improved battery life that ought to bring a smile to the face of any LG G Flex owner.
Of course, AT&T prefers to tread on the side of caution, suggesting that you make a back up of your data before you actually download and apply the update, never mind that theoretically speaking, it ought not to have any effect on your personal content. AT&T also did mention that it would be wise to remain connected to a Wi-Fi network when performing the update of your LG G Flex, while making sure the handset has at least half its battery level left. It will be released in waves, so fret not if your LG G Flex shows no signs of Android 4.4.2 KitKat goodness tomorrow.
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-04-16: Gold LG G3 Reportedly Coming This Summer
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-03-27: LG G Flex Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-03-26: LG Optimus G To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat This Summer
- 2014-03-03: LG G Flex Could Get 4K Video Post Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-23: AT&T's LG G2 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-03: LG G Flex Press Renderings For AT&T And T-Mobile Leaked