If you were not satisfied by the Ashton Kutcher starring “Jobs” movie, fret not, there’s another Steve Jobs movie in the pipeline. Being written by Aaron Sorkin, of The Social Network fame, the film will play out in three scenes which will chart three crucial events in the co-founder’s life. No word as yet on who will be cast to play the former Apple CEO, Christian Bale is rumored to be in the running. Previously it was reported that David Fincher could be tapped to direct the film, but now a new report claims that Fincher has left the project.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, David Fincher had “aggressive” demands that Sony Pictures didn’t want to meet. Apparently he asked for $10 million in wages apart from control of the movie’s marketing. Sorkin and Fincher have both previously worked together on The Social Network, a film focusing on the dramatic rise of Facebook.
It is unclear who will be tapped next to direct the movie. Apparently it was Fincher who was pushing the studio to consider Christian Bale for the lead role. That might change when a new director comes onboard. Filming isn’t expected to begin until next year, so Steve Jobs fans might have to wait a while before they get to see another movie about him on the big screen.
- 2014-04-22 Steve Jobs Might Be Portrayed By Leonardo DiCaprio
- 2014-04-16 Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-03-20 Steve Jobs Movie Cast May Include Christian Bale In The Lead
- 2014-03-17 Steve Jobs Quotes App Rejected By Apple
- 2014-03-16 Steve Jobs Told Apple Execs That Company Won't Release HDTV