[CES 2010] Netgear has just announced the NETGEAR Powerline 200 AV+ Adapter Kit (XAVB2501). The package contains two adapters that can convey data at speeds of 200Mbps. It’s not the fastest raw speed out there, but Netgear’s new product has a twist: there’s a filtered pass-through that will basically save one electric plug from being occupied. That can come in handy in some situations. Also, the XAVB2501 support quality of service (QoS) protocols that give certain network packets like voice a higher priority for a smooth experience. ($169 MSRP)
Powerline adapters basically allow the creation of a fast network connection by using a home’s electrical wires as network cables.
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Google Looks To Android TV Instead Of Google TV
- Samsung Accused Of Violating Labor Rights Of Employees In Brazil
- AT&T Plans On Selling Anonymous Customer Data
- LG Launches 29-Inch All-In-One PC With 21:9 Aspect Ratio, TV Tuner
- Follow: CES, Netgear, networking, powerline,