While exact details of Nintendo’s upcoming 3DS portable gaming console haven’t been revealed yet, President of Nintendo America, Reggie Fils-Aime, has come out and said that the 3DS will be the biggest handheld launch since the gaming company released the DS back in 2004, and they have ideas that they want to bring to the consumer, but aren’t able to do so with the DS. Considering the DS isn’t the cutting edge of today’s tech, it’s no surprise that Nintendo will need a new device in order to fend off challenges from Sony’s PSP, and more recently, Apple’s iPhone and iPad. Bear in mind that regardless of how cool the 3DS’ hardware is, the quality of the software shipped with it will play a big part in how well the device is received.
Read the full interview.
Note: The picture above is just a concept design, and not the actual 3DS.RELATED
- New Need For Speed Rivals Trailer Appear
- Amazon Has Xbox One Back In Stock
- Xbox One Experiencing Overwhelming Demand, According To Microsoft
- Windows 7 Still Most Popular OS On Steam, Windows 8.1 Catching Up
- Gaikai PS4 Streaming Service Will Work With PS3 And PS Vita Too
- Follow: 3d, 3ds, concept, ds, mario, nintendo, nintendo ds,
- Seen at: 1up