While exact details of Nintendo’s upcoming 3DS portable gaming console haven’t been revealed yet, President of Nintendo America, Reggie Fils-Aime, has come out and said that the 3DS will be the biggest handheld launch since the gaming company released the DS back in 2004, and they have ideas that they want to bring to the consumer, but aren’t able to do so with the DS. Considering the DS isn’t the cutting edge of today’s tech, it’s no surprise that Nintendo will need a new device in order to fend off challenges from Sony’s PSP, and more recently, Apple’s iPhone and iPad. Bear in mind that regardless of how cool the 3DS’ hardware is, the quality of the software shipped with it will play a big part in how well the device is received.
Read the full interview.
Note: The picture above is just a concept design, and not the actual 3DS.
Next Story: Microsoft Kin User Interface 8Mn Video Tour
- 2014-04-23 Ace Attorney 3DS Takes Place In Late 1800s
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-21 Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2013-04-17 Mario & Luigi Dream Team Releasing On Nintendo 3DS August 11
- 2012-07-27 Nintendo explains how they test the 3DS
- 2011-10-13 Nintendo hits 50 million sales for DS console
- 2010-03-26 Concept 3D-capable Nintendo DS Is Awesome
- 2010-03-27 Nintendo 3DS Mockups Surface