The Windows 7-powered HP Slate received much fanfare when it was first unveiled, but it has unfortunately slipped off the radar recently, and with the recent acquisition of Palm by HP, its future is even bleaker. The responses from HP at the Untethered conference today probably served to further confirm that the device, if it ever surfaces, won’t be powered by Microsoft’s Windows 7 OS. The company’s Personal Systems Group CTO Phil McKinny reminded us that using an existing OS for a new design like a tablet is frequently negative, and also talked up the benefits of webOS. When asked specifically about the Windows 7 Slate, the company apparently wouldn’t talk about it until after HP’s acquisition of Palm was completed, which really doesn’t sound like a positive statement for the HP Slate. Were you looking forward to the Windows 7-powered Slate, or were your eyes always set on the Apple iPad?RELATED
- Vuzix M2000AR First Smartglasses To Use Waveguide Optical Technology
- Samsung Will Reportedly Focus On Smartphone Accessories And Peripherals In 2014
- Amazon Prime Air Video Wasn't Shot In The U.S.
- Chromecast Gets Ten New Content Partners
- ZowPow Plush Toy Controller Targets Kids
- Follow: HP, hp palm, hp slate, Microsoft, palm, slate, windows, windows 7,
- Seen at: electronista