The Retrevo Gadget Census, a report done by Sunnyvale’s Retrevo Inc., has coughed up some pretty interesting nuggets of trivia for gadget lovers, especially those who deal with smartphones. For example, the Bay Area sees no competitor near the iPhone’s lofty position, while the BlackBerry reigns supreme in New York. For folks living in Boston, e-book readers are the bomb in that part of the world, while in LA, Blu-ray players do better than the iPhone. Why the iPhone’s dominance in the Bay Area? For starters, it is so close to Apple’s Cupertino headquarters, while New Yorkers tend to be more business-oriented, hence the BlackBerry affection. Food for thought when you are mulling over what to purchase next, eh?
Next Story: Google Alarm plug-in for browsers - hit or miss?
- 2014-04-13: Possible iPhone 6 Production Tools And Schematics Spotted [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Apple Might Consider NFC For Next Generation iPhone
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2014-04-10: Analyst: iPhone 6 Sleep/Wake Button Could Be Relocated
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Recent Broadcom Hires Corroborates In-House Baseband Rumors
- 2014-03-07: BlackBerry's John Chen Calls iPhone Users Wall Huggers
- 2014-01-26: BlackBerry Moves Court To Block Typo iPhone Keyboard Sales
- 2013-08-04: BlackBerry Users Make The Most Money, According To Recent Study
- 2011-03-15: Google to introduce NFC payment systems in New York and San Francisco?
- 2010-10-17: Clearwire announces market launch timing for New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco