Considering the similarities between the new Apple TV and other iOS devices, we figured it wouldn’t take long for hackers and developers to tinker with the iOS offerings to get iPhone and iPad apps onto the Apple TV and the other way around. Early developers have already managed to jailbreak the recently shipping Apple-made living room accessory, and now we’re seeing that the Apple TV interface–dubbed Lowtide–has been ported to an iPod Touch with some complexities involved, meaning that it’s not for the average consumer to hack with. Developer Dustin Howett was able to successfully get the FrontRow-like, for Mac users–interface on his Apple TV working on his iPod Touch. You can see the action in the video after the break.
- Cut The Rope 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS Dec. 19
- Beyonce Announces And Releases New Album Exclusively On iTunes
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- Remote App For iOS Updated With iTunes Radio Support
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- Follow: Apple Inc, apple tv, hacking, iOS, iPhone, ipod touch, jailbreak,
- Seen at: tuaw