Considering the similarities between the new Apple TV and other iOS devices, we figured it wouldn’t take long for hackers and developers to tinker with the iOS offerings to get iPhone and iPad apps onto the Apple TV and the other way around. Early developers have already managed to jailbreak the recently shipping Apple-made living room accessory, and now we’re seeing that the Apple TV interface–dubbed Lowtide–has been ported to an iPod Touch with some complexities involved, meaning that it’s not for the average consumer to hack with. Developer Dustin Howett was able to successfully get the FrontRow-like, for Mac users–interface on his Apple TV working on his iPod Touch. You can see the action in the video after the break.
- Apple Including U.S. In '12 Days Of Gifts' Giveaway App
- Revamped Bing For iPad App Released
- iPhone 5S Supply Has Caught Up With Demand [Analyst]
- China Mobile iPhone Pre-orders Reportedly Going Live This Thursday
- Lady Picks Up “New” iPad Air, Brings Home Demo Model Instead
- Follow: Apple Inc, apple tv, hacking, iOS, iPhone, ipod touch, jailbreak,
- Seen at: tuaw