Design studio IDEO has recently come up with a cool device that is dubbed the C60 Redux. If you’re feeling nostalgic, this setup allows you to blend the past with current technology. This device features a turntable and a set of cards. Each of these cards (that look like tapes) contain two RFID tags, with a tag representing a song. Just drop a card on the turntable and it’ll begin playing the song. If you want to create your own mixed sound, just drop a second card on the turntable and you’ll get the mix. Sounds like a cool use of RFID and music. Check out a video of it in action after the jump.
- 2014-01-13 Hospital Linen Tagged Electronically To Prevent Unwanted Losses
- 2013-12-02 IBM Introduces RFID Enforced Hand Washing Technology
- 2013-09-26 Gun Box Helps Stow Away Your Firearms Safely
- 2013-08-26 Tattoo Visible To Smartphones
- 2013-01-20 Texas School Dismisses Student After Refusing To Wear RFID Chip