We already knew that app downloads were a big thing, but did you ever stop and think how big a deal it could be? According to research, at the rate that app downloads are going, the App Store might overtake the iTunes Store sometime in March, since the App Store is slated to hit the 10 billion mark in just 31 months, less than half the 67 months it took the iTunes store to hit 10 billion songs. It was noted that Apple is already recording a rate of 30 million app downloads per day and is seeing that rate increase.
One interesting side effect that many folks might not notice is that the iOS apps are also helping Apple maintain its clients since it could be costly to repurchase many apps on another platform such as Android or Windows Phone 7. In fact, the more apps you purchase on iOS, the more likely you’ll stick to it, since you have more money pumped into it.RELATED
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Pandora Sees A 9% Increase In Listeners Following iTunes Radio's Launch
- iTunes Radio Not Exactly Winning Over Pandora Subscribers
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Available For Mac
- iTunes Radio Will Start Promoting Pre-Release Albums
- Follow: app, app store, iOS, itunes,