There have been plenty of rumors going around as to whether the iPad 2 would feature an upgraded display or not. Some recent discoveries hinted that it would remain at the 1024 x 768 pixel resolution display, though some additional information has surfaced. We’re talking about version 1.1 of Apple’s iBooks application that has some artwork for an iPad that has its pixels doubled to 2045 x 1536 at 260 DPI. The bookmark icon in the app is labeled iPadx2 and is exactly double the resolution of the current iPad icon.
It’s worth noting when Apple moved the iPhone up to the Retina Display, the fruity company effectively doubled the pixels on the display, jumping from 480 x 320 to 960 x 640 pixels, and if that trend continues, we might very well be seeing a Retina Display on the iPad, and hopefully that will turn out to be the case.
Next Story: Music sync coming to Android devices?
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2011-09-20 iPad 2 comes to China with 3G this Wednesday
- 2011-09-01 Foxconn to ship 20M iPads to Apple in Q3 2011
- 2011-08-02 iPad Head Girl
- 2011-06-27 Singapore National Service recruits to receive iPads this November
- 2011-04-11 iPad 2 to see action in kindergartens