There have been plenty of rumors going around as to whether the iPad 2 would feature an upgraded display or not. Some recent discoveries hinted that it would remain at the 1024 x 768 pixel resolution display, though some additional information has surfaced. We’re talking about version 1.1 of Apple’s iBooks application that has some artwork for an iPad that has its pixels doubled to 2045 x 1536 at 260 DPI. The bookmark icon in the app is labeled iPadx2 and is exactly double the resolution of the current iPad icon.
It’s worth noting when Apple moved the iPhone up to the Retina Display, the fruity company effectively doubled the pixels on the display, jumping from 480 x 320 to 960 x 640 pixels, and if that trend continues, we might very well be seeing a Retina Display on the iPad, and hopefully that will turn out to be the case.RELATED
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- Apple Including U.S. In '12 Days Of Gifts' Giveaway App
- Revamped Bing For iPad App Released
- Lady Picks Up “New” iPad Air, Brings Home Demo Model Instead
- Cellular Retina iPad Mini Supply Still Appears To Be Tight
- Follow: Apple Inc, ibooks, iPad, ipad 2, ipad2,