What would you do if you saw a magic 8-ball lying around the room? Chances are that you’d take it and check it out (especially if you’re bored). Now some folks out there have decided to take advantage of that curiosity by ensuring that you’ll be rewarded with a burst of bright light. The folks behind this DIY project decided to rip open a disposable camera and integrate the flash unit into the 8-ball, while ensuring that the necessary components still worked. All was needed was to figure out which wires needed to be crossed in order to trigger the flash and then install the tilt switch there. A power cut off switch was also included so that you will be able to turn it off and protect yourself from being blinded. Video after the jump.
- 2014-03-27: DIY ‘Cyclops’ Laser Visor Lets You Cosplay As An X-Man
- 2014-03-26: Gamebuino, The Arduino Handheld Console
- 2014-03-10: Fully Functioning LEGO Keyboard Is The Coolest Thing Ever
- 2014-02-27: Toro-bots Help Out In Your Garden Reorganization Effort
- 2014-01-19: Novena Open Laptop Prototype