Samsung has not forgotten about the entry level phone market with the Samsung Gem SCH-i100, although if you take a look at the specifications further down this post, you might be surprised that the name itself does not tally with its innards. First of all, we are pretty disappointed that the Samsung Gem SCH-i100 is powered by Android 2.1 Eclair instead of Froyo or Gingerbread, while other hardware specifications include a 3.2-inch WQVGA touchscreen display, a Swype virtual keyboard, social networking integration through the use of Samsung Hub, a microSD memory card slot, a 3.2-megapixel camera and an 800MHz processor to run things from within. Interestingly enough, this feature phone handset was previously spotted bearing Verizon’s logo, so we’re pretty sure this Gem is going to end up there in due time. Hopefully this will be free on contract as its specifications can’t really influence its final price tag upwards.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014