[CES 2011] SENSIO Technologies Inc unveiled its SENSIO S2D Switch, a technology that allows a spatially-compressed stereoscopic (3D) video stream to be displayed in 2D (left- or right-eye). If you buy a 3D movie via video-on-demand or records content from a subscribed 3D channel on a DVR, the SENSIO S2D Switch gives you the choice to watch that content in either 3D or in 2D.
“While our SENSIO Hi-Fi 3D technology offers unrivalled image fidelity for an immersive 3D experience, the SENSIO S2D Switch gives consumers the flexibility to enjoy 3D content in 2D. With this offering, we add value to our partners’ 3D products and eliminate a potential barrier to consumer investment in 3D technologies.” said Nicholas Routhier, SENSIO President and CEO.
More information about SENSIO and its technologies is available at www.sensio.tv.RELATED
- Flixster App Launched On Xbox 360 With Support For UltraViolet Videos
- Logitech Unveils Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control Universal Remote Controls
- Panasonic Will Continue To Produce Plasma TVs
- Netflix Reaches 4 Billion Hours Of Streaming Video Milestone In Q1 2013
- LG webOS-Powered TVs Expected In Early 2014
- Follow: CES, ces 2011, movie, on demand, tv, video,