[CES 2011] 3D imaging is not interesting in all circumstances, under water shooting is one of the instances where 3D photo can be fully appreciated. To fulfill this need, Sony is offering a rugged camera in its new 3D Cyber-shot lineup: the DSC-TX10 is water-proof in up to 5m of water, shock-proof, dust-proof, freeze-proof and features a 3-inch touch screen.
- 3-inch (7.5 cm) touch screen
- water-proof – up to 5m of water
- freeze-proof – down to -10 degrees C
- shock-proof -drop from up to approximately 1.5m
- Full HD video capture at 50i in 1080 AVCHD
- ‘Dual Rec’ mode – allows simultaneous capture of still images while shooting video without interruption
- Exmor R CMOS sensor – claimed to be good in low light conditions
- SDHC card slot
- 3D Still Image mode
- 3D Sweep Panorama:
high-speed burst of frames is stitched together to automatically create 3D panoramas.
- Sweep Multi Angle:
lets you view images moving in simulated 3D on the camera screen simply by tilting the camera back and forth. This shooting feature captures 15 images at different angles, compiling them to create a 3D-like effect on the display
- Superior Auto and Intelligent Auto modes:
automatically recognize a wide range of common shooting situations and combining up to six high-speed exposures of the scene to produce a single image with greater clarity, optimum dynamic range and lower image noise
- In Camera Guide
access to user manual directly from the camera (except for W510 and W530 models)
- improved HDR (High Dynamic Range):
compiles highlights, mid-tones and shadows from three separate shots to create one realistic-looking photo, even in difficult lighting conditions.
- Background Defocus
mode rapidly shoots two frames at different focus settings, combining them to create a single DSLR-style image with your subject in sharp focus against a smoothly defocused background.
- Soft Skin mode: reduces visible blemishes and wrinkles
- Natural Flash: corrects color balance for more natural shots
Available in a range of colors from March 2011