Samsung is currently talking out terms with VISA concerning a new partnership where both companies will eventually deliver an NFC mobile payment solution that will happen before, during, and after the London 2012 Olympics. Both companies will also roll out an Olympics and Paralympics Games mobile handset in London which will be specially equipped with mobile NFC technology, Visa’s payment application, and a special SIM card. Whenever you want to make a purchase, just open the Visa application on your handset and hold it in front of a special contactless reader. With more than 60,000 contactless readers in action within London itself, VISA is hard at work with banks and retailers to increase its NFC base. The NFC-enabled phone will first be available to Samsung and VISA sponsored athletes, although consumers can always pick it up via mobile operators. No idea on what kind of phone this will be, but we do know that NFC mobile payment is catching up, what with programs kicking off in Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Brazil, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Malaysia, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Slovakia, Switzerland, Turkey, the UK and the US.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: NFC, olympics, Samsung, visa,
- Seen at: bgr