Fans of the first person shooter that revolutionized the gaming industry, Doom, will be please to know that they can still play the game on their current computers. And they won’t have to worry about running DOS emulators or getting Windows to work in compatibility modes: a developer named Alon Zakai has managed to port the game over to the web browser.
With games like Doom now playable on the browser, I wonder what other games will make the transition in the future?
- 2014-03-20: Junaio Augmented Reality Browser Revealed
- 2014-03-05: SurroundWeb 3D Browser Concept From Microsoft Research
- 2014-02-19: Doom Beta Unveiled By Bethesda
- 2013-09-17: Doom Played Using The Piano As Its Controller
- 2013-06-19: Dolphin Browser For Android Redesigned
- 2013-04-17: Chrome Makes Itself More Useful At The Office
- 2013-01-18: Opera Unveils New "Ice" Mobile Web Browser
- 2010-09-02: Chrome 6 Launched on Browser's Second Birthday